The bottom line is gold, silver, and their miners’ stocks usually drift listlessly during market summers. As investors shift their focus from markets to vacations, capital inflows wane. Junes and Julies in particular are simply devoid of the big recurring gold-investment-demand surges seen during much of the rest of the year, leaving them weak. Investors need to expect lackluster sideways action on balance this time of year.
This summer has proven an epic exception, with gold rocketing to its first major bull-market breakout in years! That has catapulted both the metal and its miners’ stocks to their best early-summer performances in gold’s modern bull-market years. But the summer doldrums could still reassert themselves as specs’ excessively-bullish gold-futures bets are bled off. So enjoy these big anomalous gains, but remain wary. Full Story
The wisdom of holding physical gold and silver as insurance – stored securely and discretely – has proven itself time and again in every historic timeframe.
Yes, the gold price may yet decline for awhile, even down to 1250, as it "backs and fills"- preparatory to a highly probable resumption of the uptrend. Or the decline might be quite shallow. There's just no way to know for sure. As with so much else in life, it's a lot about probabilities.
But don't wait for Mr. Market to spell out reasons for the sea-change we're seeing right now in the price of gold – and eventually silver. Full Story
- In the Ron Paul Liberty Report last month, Dr. Paul noted, "The Fed Can't Save Us, But Gold Can," in response to the new rate cut cycle. - He outlines how this event could mark the beginning of a 1970's style stagflationary episode, where galloping inflation required only 5 years. - Resolving the inflationary quagmire required considerable effort of the Fed Chairman, Paul Volker to contain the price genie. - Fast forward 40 years and the global economy faces much more dire conditions than the 1980's inflation scare. - Dr. Paul outlines an ideal panacea to sidestep the impending calamity. Full Story
August Gold pulled a Pearl Harbor on bears and skeptics Tuesday, reversing early morning weakness with a surprisingly sharp rally. I’d expected another two weeks of corrective action myself after bullion’s impressive run-up in June. However, the chart (inset) shows the futures to be bound most immediately for at least 1446.90. If so, that would be a new recovery high and an encouraging sign that even bigger things lie ahead. Specifically, a 1504.00 target would be in play if the August contract closes for two consecutive days above 1444.40 or trades more than $12 above that price intraday. Full Story
The prime reason for the rise in gold is short covering apart from recession concerns. Trade war is here to stay. IMF chief Lagarde moving to lead European central bank chief is also one the possible reason. Investment demand is on the higher side with every rise in gold price. Hopefully silver will now try and catch up with the gold price rally. Full Story
By: Stewart Thomson, Graceland Updates - 2 July, 2019
- After a major upside breakout from an enormous bullish chart pattern, a pullback is expected and normal. The bigger the chart pattern is, the bigger the pullback can be.
- Gold could easily pull back to the $1320-$1250 price zone before roaring on towards my $1550 and $2000 price targets. That shouldn’t bother investors because this type of pullback action is typical after a major breakout.
- Regardless, a shallow pullback would obviously be preferred by most gold market investors and that’s also a realistic scenario. Full Story
There is honor among thieves, as the saying goes, and the dollar value of upholding the honor of Wall Street’s most prodigiously-capitalized sleazeballs is beyond estimation. Thus do institutional investors cover their ears, eyes and mouths in unison when the headlines shout of Boeing’s malfeasance in the death of 346 passengers in two separate 737 Max crashes since last October; or more recently, about how the 737 Max fleet is likely to remain sidelined at least until the end of the year; or that Federal prosecutors have subpoenaed records related to the 787 Dreamliner. Full Story
By: Chris Waltzek Ph.D., GoldSeek Radio - 1 July, 2019
- According to the mountain of empirical research at GATA.org, the nefarious cabal is quickly losing control of the PMs markets. - In the XAU shares sector, equities investors are placing leveraged bets on much higher underlying metals prices. - Several reliable sources indicate that peak-gold production has curtailed supply at a critical juncture in the financial markets, just as demand builds. - Investors may have grown complacent amid a spectacular paper asset bubble, as huge money flows shift into highly undervalued hard assets. - The resulting massive wealth transfer could catch millions of investors off guard. - The discussion turns to the AG market, silver that could be the most undervalued asset in the world today. Full Story
It has been a truly glorious month for gold, and the purpose of this update is to point out firstly that the gold breakout of the past week was genuine and secondly that any short term reaction back as far as $1380 or even $1370 will not negate the breakout – instead it should be seized upon as an opportunity to build positions across the sector, especially in trampled down undervalued silver stocks – silver broke higher last week on its strongest upside volume since its frothy top in 2011 and on its 2nd highest upside volume ever. Full Story
We have already been over the reasons why a major PM sector bullmarket is starting, and remarked on how undervalued silver is compared to gold, and how this is typical at the start of a major sector bullmarket, but it is worth “thumping the table” over this, because silver and silver investments may well be the best place of all to put your money at this time. Full Story
Do not confuse that trade war between USA and China is over. Trade war will not escalate further between USA and China. This is message from G20. Huawei will buy telecom equipment from USA. How long will the trade war be calm is not known. Trump is an uncertain person to deal with. One tweet by Trump and the whole financial market turns upside down immediately. Full Story
The content on this site is protected
by U.S. and international copyright laws and is the property of GoldSeek.com
and/or the providers of the content under license. By "content" we mean any
information, mode of expression, or other materials and services found on GoldSeek.com.
This includes editorials, news, our writings, graphics, and any and all other
features found on the site. Please contact
us for any further information.
Live GoldSeek Visitor Map | Disclaimer
The views contained here may not represent the views of GoldSeek.com, Gold Seek LLC, its affiliates or advertisers. GoldSeek.com, Gold Seek LLC makes no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy
or completeness of the information (including news, editorials, prices, statistics,
analyses and the like) provided through its service. Any copying, reproduction
and/or redistribution of any of the documents, data, content or materials contained
on or within this website, without the express written consent of GoldSeek.com, Gold Seek LLC,
is strictly prohibited. In no event shall GoldSeek.com, Gold Seek LLC or its affiliates be
liable to any person for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon
the information provided herein.